- 50 Books All Kids Should Read Before They’re 12 https://www.commonsensemedia.org/lists/50-books-all-kids-should-read-before-theyre-12
- Best Children’s Literature of All Time http://www.clcawards.org/Best-Children-s-Literature-of-All-Time.html
- Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth Reading List https://cty.jhu.edu/resources/cty-reading-list.html
- Caldecott Award Winners from 1938-present http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/bookmedia/caldecottmedal/caldecottwinners/caldecottmedal
- Newbery Award Winners from 1922-present http://www.ala.org/alsc/awardsgrants/bookmedia/newberymedal/newberywinners/medalwinners
Resources About Reading Aloud
- The Invisible Toolbox: The Power of Reading to Your Child from Birth to Adolescence by Kim Jocelyn Dickson. Pre-order now for April 2020 release.
Longtime elementary school teacher Kim Jocelyn Dickson believes every child begins kindergarten with a lunchbox in one hand and an “invisible toolbox” in the other. In The Invisible Toolbox, Kim shares with parents the single most important thing they can do to foster their child’s future learning potential and nurture the parent-child bond that is the foundation for a child’s motivation to learn.
- The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease (7th edition).
Trelease’s book on the benefits of reading aloud is the bible on the subject. Includes lists of recommended books for reading aloud.